The end of a Chapter

Hello all This will be the last email I write home to all of you. I find it hard to believe that this is the last week of my mission, and that I will soon be with all of you again. I'm going to miss the philippines sobra. Im super glad that I was able to end my mission off on a good note. This area has been amazing and the ward already feels like family after just 4 weeks of bring here. We have so many friends that are excited and coming to church and ready to make their first covenant with Heavenly Father. I love missionary work so much. I'm going to miss it incredibly. It's going to be a super fun week and very rewarding as well. Gonna be ending the mission off with a baptism #BUZZERBEATER. After that sunday, I will be heading to the airport in just a couple short days. Ahhh People have started giving gifts and telling me best of luck in my next journey and it honestly kinda breaks my heart thinking this is coming to an end... i'm excited to be home but wow I love these people honestly more then you guys sorry not sorry. The philippines is my home. It makes me tear up thinking that this is actually it. I love my mission. What a journeyyy it has been. It has been the 2 most incredible years of my life. There is literally no way to describe what being here was like and the joy i have felt. I would never, ever ever give up these last 2 years in the philippines for anything. I love this place, these people, and the culture here. From showering in buckets, to sleeping on dirt floors, to teaching friends in their bamboo hut houses, to eating some very... intersting food, and everything in between, I have enjoyed every single second. These people have made me feel at home and welcome, and i am so grateful for all of them. I testify that God calls his missionaries exactly where they need to be. I know i was called to this beautiful country for a reason. My heart is so full and grateful. I will never ever forget the memories i have made and the people i have met. I'm eternally grateful for everything. I'm even more grateful for the spiritual growth i have made on my mission. Before my mission, my faith was weak and I knew very little about the gospel. But because of my mission and the experiences i gained, I know without a doubt this church is true. The times I learned the most were the hardest times. I now have a firm testimony of Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, and for the rest of my life I will be able to lean on these experiences I have had on my mission. Jesus Christ lives, he was crucified, died, and rose again, and because of this, we all will too. I am so grateful for him. Repentance is REAL. I've never used the gift of repentance more in my life then here. I'm extremely grateful for the restored gospel, and the oppurtunity we have to grow in knowledge and wisdom here in Jesus Christ's true church. I know that these things are true, we are all children of God, and he loves us more then we could ever know. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. Im excited to come home and share about these amazing people and the many things that they have taught me. They will be family forever🫶🥹 I come home July 29th and will arrive at 4pm. 🛬 I will also be giving my homecoming talk on Aug 9th, at 9:00am🫣 3210 w Davencourt Circle, Lehi Utah 84043 Super excited to see you all soon😁 Peace out PH you will hold a place in my heart forever😔🫶
Elder Ducker Philippines San Pablo mission🇵🇭 2024-2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Week #52) One year😱🥳🥰

Malapit naaaa⏳️